Home Tuition FAQs
2. How do PastYearPaper screen the registered tutors?
Ans: Tutors are required to send us softcopy/digital copies of their certificates for verification before they are allowed to take up any assignment. Once the assignment is confirmed, tutors will be reminded to bring their certificates on the first tutoring session for you to verify their qualifications.
3. Is there any charges if I request a tutor from PastYearPaper.com?
Ans: There is no agency fee or hidden charges levied on parents or students. However, we do charge 50% of the 1st month’s tuition fee from the tutor as commission for the services rendered. For example, if the tuition fee of the 1st month’s tuition is $200, after the 2nd weeks we will collect $100 (50% of $200) from you. Remaining $100 is to be paid directly to the tutor at the end of the month.
* Do note for very short-term (usually less than a month) assignment, the tutor may sometime request that the parent absorb the commission
4. How do I make payment to PastYearPaper.com?
Ans: You can make payment via bank transfer or cheque to our POSB Savings Account 187-10653-2. An invoice will be emailed to you when payment is due.
5. Can I change the tutor if I find that the tutor is not suitable ?
Ans: Yes, replacement of tutor is free. However, you are liable to pay for whatever lessons that were provided.